By the end of this topic, the learner should be able to:
- Perform and describe simple experiments to illustrate the photoelectric effect;
- Explain the factors affecting photoelectric emission;
- Apply the equation E=hc/λ to calculate the energy photons,
- Define threshold frequency, work function and the electron volt;
- Explain photoelectric emission using Einstein equation (hf = hf0 + ½mv2);
- Explain the applications of photoelectric effect;
- Solve numerical problems involving photoelectric emissions.